Bookmark and Share

Harris House

Harris Welcome Center

The beautiful Harris House was constructed in 1915 and was renovated in 2006 when it was renamed the Harris Welcome Center, home to Queens' Undergraduate Admissions Office. 

The carriage house behind the building was also renovated and is now the Harris Meeting Center where group presentations are given for visiting students and families.

During both renovation projects Queens was careful to protect the large gingko trees between the buildings, one of which is on the historic register for Mecklenburg County as one of the largest and oldest specimens of the gingko species in the area.
  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
Latest Tweet