On Campus Recruitment Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in Queens University students and graduates. Queens offers a variety of majors including business administration, information systems, computer science, communication and psychology. Employers hire our students, graduates and alumni annually because of their qualifications and our comprehensive services. We are committed to developing a strong partnership with employers and are pleased to offer a variety of services to assist your organization in hiring qualified candidates from Queens.
Code of Conduct
Queens University of Charlotte is eager to connect employers with students to discuss career and internship opportunities. We offer assistance to employers and individuals in accordance with the principles of Professional Conduct for Career Services Professionals outlined by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). Likewise, Queens University of Charlotte's Internships and Career Programs office expects that employers act in accordance with the principles of Professional Conduct for Employment Professionals outlined by NACE. These principles guide our policy for university recruiting activities.
Schedule On-Campus Interviews
On-campus Interviews can be scheduled during the Fall and Spring semesters during this timeframe:
- Fall: late September- early December (no interviews during Fall Break, Thanksgiving Break, exam week, or semester/holiday breaks)
- Spring: mid January- late April (no interviews during spring break or scheduled holiday breaks)
Please follow the steps below to schedule your campus interviews with Queens students:
- Contact Karen Arnie, Interim Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-337-2447 to schedule the date. You will receive the completed interview schedule with candidates at least one week prior to the interview date.
- Submit a job description to the Internship and Career Programs office via fax (704) 337-2241 or email. The job descriptions should include brief information on your company, the title and nature of the position for which you are interviewing, GPA requirements, student classification preference, majors desired and any other useful information to the student.
- Please indicate whether you would like a closed interview schedule (only for pre-screened candidates with resumes reviewed by the company at least one week before the interview) or open interview schedule (open to any interested student wishing to sign up for a slot during the interview day).
- Plan for a debriefing meeting with an ICP staff member following your completed interview day.
Third-party recruiters, commission-only employers, multilevel employers and Upfront Product Purchase Employers may not participate in our on-campus recruitment program and are subject to review and discretion for other programs and services by the ICP staff.
Extending Job Offers
While we do not place any restrictions on when employers may extend job offers, we strongly encourage you to allow candidates adequate time to make a thoughtful decision. We also advise students to make informed decisions, notify our office and cancel all remaining interviews once an offer is accepted. Of course, we also encourage competitive job offers.