For students who are passionate about helping others, a non-profit organization may be a good fit for your career goals. There are non-profits for virtually every cause ranging from healthcare to animal welfare.
Types of Internships
Administration, Event Planning, Fundraising, Marketing
What You'll Be Doing
- Administration - Assist with managing day-to-day operations; perform research in support of projects; be a part of strategic planning; research grant and collaborative opportunities; coordinate volunteer efforts.
- Event Planning - Assist with coordinating events that support the non-profit's cause; help with event planning timelines and budgets; coordinate with marketing on getting the word out on events.
- Fundraising - Learn about how to raise funds; maintain a database of important donors; help with fundraising events; research potential new donors.
- Marketing - Be a part of maintaining and increasing the non-profit's visibility; assist with social media efforts; help with collateral efforts; research key stakeholders and provide insight on strategies.
Where past Queens interns have worked
- Autism Foundation of the Carolinas
- Discovery Place
- Habitat for Humanity
- Mint Museum
- Speak Up Magazine
- Safe Alliance
- Susan G. Komen