Sports management internships offer a peak into the inner workings of an industry that spans private, public, non-profit sectors. You can work with high school, collegiate and professional teams, youth organizations, amateur leagues and more.
Types of Internships
Athletic Departments, Business Development, Event Management, Marketing, Sales
What You'll Be Doing
- Athletic Departments - Learn how to manage a facility; work alongside coaches to understand best practices in supporting athletes; support day-to-day operations including budget management and schedule coordination; assist with game day procedures.
- Business Development - Assist with strategic planning that will ensure the organization's financial success, brand recognition and overall health of the organization; study industry trends and report on competitive advantages; prepare presentations for key meetings.
- Event Management - Assist with planning and executing sporting events for fans, the community, athletes and other key stakeholders; learn how to plan an event within a budget; shadow the event manager to understand client interfacing; work with marketing to develop an outreach plan for events.
- Marketing - Assist with maintaining an organization's overall brand; interface with copy writers and designers on collateral; support social media campaigns; understand analytics and utilize data for strategic planning; conduct research on consumer insights and competitive brands.
- Sales - Learn the skills behind selling tickets to events; perform analysis of sales trends; research consumer trends; monitor sales and make recommendations.
Where past Queens interns have worked
- Charlotte Eagles
- Charlotte Hornets
- Gastonia Grizzlies
- Major League Lacrosse
- United States Performance Center