Contract & Learning Objectives
The Internship Contract is an agreement between the student, employer and university that clarifies learning objectives, start/end dates and hours, scope of the internship and key contact information. The student and employer should complete the Internship Contract together to ensure both parties are collaborating in clarifying the internship’s expectations.
- Prior to completing the Internship Contract, students must receive an internship offer from the employer.
- Internship Contracts must be approved prior to the start of any work hours. The form is located at www.queens.edu/interncontract .
- Contracts will be accepted for approval up until 2 weeks after the first day of the semester (see below for Internship Contract submission deadlines). Students will be asked to drop the internship course if they do not have an approved contract by the deadline.
- Only internships that meet Queens’ internship standards will be approved. The Internship & Career Programs office reserves the right to deny internship approval if the opportunity does not appear to support a productive experience related to the student’s professional goals.
- The majority of the intern's work hours must be completed in a professional setting with an onsite supervisor.
Internship Contract Submission Deadlines
||Deadline for Submission
||September 2, 2014
||January 27, 2015
||June 8, 2015
A Learning Objective is a statement describing what a student is expected and hopes to learn from the internship experience. The Learning Objective may also provide a detailed and measurable description of new skills that the student will obtain during their internship. The objective is designed to help students understand how to make practical use of their work experience. Consider these guidelines when creating Learning Objectives:
- Objectives should be as specific and measurable as possible. General statements do not allow you to focus on specific skills.
- What new skills or knowledge do you want to gain through the experience?
- Which professional and networking skills do you need to acquire?
- What do you want to learn about a specific career?
Queens Internship Program information is subject to change without notice.