Welcome to the Office of Institutional Effectiveness & Research. Our staff endeavors to meet the information and data needs of the Queens community through reporting, surveys, and special studies. We administer the university's Institutional Effectiveness systems, including Assessment and Program Review. Our statements of Vision, Mission, and Core Values convey the work we do, as well as the way in which we accomplish it. We're glad you visited, and look forward to answering any questions you may have.
Statement of Vision
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness & Research will be recognized within the Queens University community as a trustworthy and innovative source of high quality data, information, studies, and counsel in support of the university's mission. The Office of IE&R will be known for its dedication to serving the information needs of internal and external clients.
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness & Research provides the leadership and assistance needed to create and maintain a culture of evidence in the assessment of student learning, effectiveness of administrative offices, and implementation of the university's Strategic Plan. To do so, the Office of IE&R oversees and directs:
- Academic Assessment
- Administrative Assessment
- Campus Surveys
- Program Review
- Institutional Effectiveness/Strategic Key Performance Indicators
- Mandated and non-mandated reporting
- Special studies and data analyses
The core values that guide the work of the Office of IE&R are consistent with Queens' core values:
- Dedication to providing optimal service to internal and external clients.
- Excellence in office operations. Integrity in research and statistical analysis.
- Accountability to quality improvement.
- Confidentiality of information.
- Collegiality in working relationships.
In the implementation of these values, the Office of IE&R rigorously adheres to the Code of Ethics of the Association for Institutional Research.
Institutional Effectiveness & Research