- 5th Street 106B
- MSC 1340
Janie Best , DNP
- Assistant Professor , Presbyterian School of Nursing
- Blair College of Health
Dr. Janie Best has practiced as a registered nurse since 1974, and shares her dedication and enthusiasm for excellence in nursing practice with students in Queens' ASN, BSN, and MSN nursing programs.
She earned a doctorate of nursing practice from the University of Alabama in Huntsville, a master of science degree in nursing (clinical nurse specialist - adult health nursing) from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, a bachelor of science in nursing degree from Wingate University and a diploma in nursing from North Carolina Baptist Hospital School of Nursing.
While at UNC-C, she was awarded the Edith Brocker Award for professional leadership and scholastic achievement. Working for many years as an orthopaedic nurse, clinical nurse specialist and educator, her articles on patient education, spinal stenosis and revision total joint arthroplasty have been published in "Orthopaedic Nursing," for which she currently serves as a reviewer. Her doctoral studies focused on oncology nursing practice. Her scholarly project on evidence-based care of the oncology patient with chemotherapy-related febrile neutropenia has been published in "Oncology Nursing Forum".
- DNP; University of Alabama in Huntsville
- MSN - CNS - Adult Health Nursing; University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- BSN; Wingate University
- Diploma in Nursing; North Carolina Baptist Hospital - Winston-Salem, NC
- Edith Brocker Award for Nursing Excellence 1995 UNC-Charlotte
- Advancement of Nursing Scholarship - Excellence in Nursing Research 2010 Beta Phi Chapter Sigma Theta Tau International