Judith Poole , Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor , Presbyterian School of Nursing
- Blair College of Health
I have been in perinatal nursing since 1980. During this time I have functioned in various roles from staff nurse, nurse manager, and educator/Clinical Nuse Specialist. I have also served as an expert in medical malpractice cases. My publications include March of Dimes professional education modules, AWHONN (Association of Women's Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nurses) monographs, articles related to the care of women with various medical complications of pregnancy. I have also served as guest editor for Critical Care Nursing Quarterly and the Journal of Perinatal and Neonatal Nursing. My professional activities include active membership in several nursing organizations including NCNA and AWHONN. My activities in AWHONN include election to the Board of Directors and serving as the 2007 president.
- BS - Home Economics Education; Mars Hill College, Mars Hill NC
- A.D.N. - Nursing; Central Piedmont Community College, Charlotte NC
- BSN - Nursing; University of North Carolina, Charlotte
- MN - Nursing; University of South Carolina
- PhD - Nursing Science; University of South Carolina
- MHA/MBA - Healthcare Administration and Business Administration; Pfeiffer University, Charlotte NC
- Professional Distinguished Service Award 2010 Association of Women's Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nursing
- Great 100 in Nursing 1992 Great 100 in Nursing