- Knight-Crane 214
Angie Hatley , DNP,MS, RN, NE-BC
- Assistant Professor , Presbyterian School of Nursing
- Blair College of Health
Dr. Angie Hatley has recently joined Queens to share her dedication and enthusiasm for excellence in nursing practice with students in the BSN and MSN nursing programs. Dr. Hatley is a 2014 Doctor of Nursing Practice graduate from Regis University. Her doctoral studies focused on transitions of nursing practice and completed her scholarly project on Nurse Preceptor Development and the Impact on Self-Efficacy of Newly Hired Nurses. She has practiced as a clinical nurse, educator, and/or administrator since 2001 following graduation from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. She earned a Master of Science in Nursing degree and a Graduate Certificate in Health Care Education from Regis University in 2008. Following licensure as a Registered Nurse, Dr. Hatley served in various clinical and nursing leadership roles for over fifteen years with Carolinas HealthCare System in Charlotte. Most recently Dr. Hatley served as the Director of Policy, Clinical Practice, and Nursing Education at Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast. While at CHS, she was awarded the highest honor as a Pinnacle Finalist in 2014 for her dedication to caring for patients, commitment to excellence, integrity, and demonstration of nursing teamwork. She served on various teams to improve patient safety and quality at CHS. She has been awarded two Touchstone Awards for the effectiveness of her programs around Pressure Ulcer Prevention and Patient Safety Surveillance. Additionally, in 2010 she was recognized a Great 100 nurse in North Carolina by positively impacting the image of nursing and nursing as a profession as a nurse educator with CHS NorthEast.
- DNP - Advanced Leadership in Health Care ; Regis University
- MS - Nursing, Leadership in Health Care Systems: Education Focus; Regis University
- BSN - Nursing; University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Touchstone Award Winner, Bronze Patient Safety Net Surveillance 2013 Carolinas HealthCare System
- NC Great 100 Nurse 2010 The Great 100, Inc.
- Touchstone Award Winner, Silver Decreasing Hospital Acquired Pressure Ulcers 2015 Carolinas HealthCare System
- Pinnacle Finalist 2014 Carolinas HealthCare System