Jennifer Collins , PhD
- Assistant Professor , Education Department
- Cato School of Education
Dr. Jennifer Collins teaches elementary math and science methods courses and directs the NC Teaching Fellows Program in the Wayland H. Cato, Jr. School of Education at Queens. Dr. Collins spent the previous11 years as an elementary and middle school teacher for Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools.
Her research interests include the impact of international comparative educational experiences on pre-service teachers and teacher resiliency with regards to in elementary science and mathematics .
Collins enjoys traveling, spending time with her daughter and following University of Iowa football.
- B.A. - Russian Language; University of Iowa
- M.A. - Teaching; Queens University of Charlotte
- PhD - Curriculum and Instruction; University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- The Cato Leadership in Education Award 2011