- Jernigan 212
- MSC 1275
Patrice Petroff , Ph.D
- Associate Professor
- Cato School of Education
Dr. Patrice D. Petroff is an Associate Professor of Education at Queens University of Charlotte. She earned her Ph.D. in Education from the University of Virginia (2002), a M.Ed. in Reading Education (K-12) from California University of Pennsylvania (1991), and her B.S. in Elementary Education and Pre-K Education from Penn State University (1990). Since beginning in 2002, she spent nine years as active Department Chair for the School of Education and Director of Teacher Education (2003-2012).
Prior to her engagement at Queens University of Charlotte, Dr. Petroff was a reading specialist focusing on the diagnosis of reading difficulties and the assessment and instruction of K-12 students. Her areas of expertise are Reading/Literacy K-12, Multicultural Education and Diversity Training, and Educational Technology.
Dr. Petroff is a regular panelist and presenter at both regional and national conferences on education, has co-authored several book chapters for publication, and was named Professor of the Year in 2006.
It is her goal to ensure all students reach their potential.
- B.S. - Elementary education, Pre-K education; Pennsylvania State University
- M.Ed. - Reading; California University of Pennsylvania
- Ph.D. - Education; University of Virginia
- William S. Lee Distinguished Professor Award 2006 Queens University of Charlotte
- Exemplary Professional Development School Achievement Award 2010 National Association for Professional Development Schools (NAPDS)