- Jernigan 210
- Office Hours
- T, T, 1:30 PM-3:00 PM
- MSC 1315
Suzanne Horn , PhD
- Associate Professor
- Coordinator, Undergraduate Secondary Education Programs
- Cato School of Education
Dr. Suzanne Horn teaches in the Wayland H. Cato. Jr, School of Education. She is the coordinator of the Secondary Education Program, and coordinates the Professional Development School Relationship with Myers Park Traditional Elementary School, Elizabeth Traditional Elementary School, and Myers Park High School.
Dr. Horn teaches secondary courses -- as she was a high school English teacher prior to earning her PhD -- and courses in the elementary program that pertain to reading and language arts, as she is a reading specialist for grades K-12.
Her research interests include Professional Development Schools and their success in raising student achievement, and effective teaching methodology. She has published in several journals, and presented at national and international conferences. (Please see her CV for references.)
- PhD - Teacher Education and Development; University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- M.Ed. - Reading Specialist K-12; University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- B. A. - English; University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- NAPDS Award for Exemplary Professional Development School Achievement 2010 National Association of Professional Development Schools