Robert Ceglie , Ph.D
- Associate Professor , Education Department
- Coordinator of Secondary Education
- Cato School of Education
Dr. Robert Ceglie is an assistant professor in the Cato School of Education. He primarily teaches science education and instructional technology courses. He was previously an assistant professor at Mercer University in Macon, GA where he taught across many programs including Masters and Doctoral Programs.
His interests include many areas of science education, including under-representation of women and minorities, the achievement gaps in science and math, and persistence and retention of students entering STEM majors.
He has published and presented works related to science and math education and is an editorial reviewer for several scholarly journals including Journal of Science Teacher Education and Higher Education.
Dr. Ceglie is a enthusiastic Atlanta Braves fan even though he grew up in Boston, MA. He has two children, Robbie and Jenny, and a wife Nicole who are all thrilled to have relocated to Charlotte.
- BS - Biology; University of Massachusetts-Boston
- MED - Secondary Education; University of Massachusetts-Boston
- MED - Instructional Technology; Framingham State University
- PhD - Curriculum and Instruction - Science education; University of Connecticut