To be considered for admission to the MEd program, an applicant must:
- Submit a completed graduate application
- Submit official transcripts from each college or university attended (Minimum 2.5 GPA required)
- Submit two letters of recommendation, one of which must come from the principal of the school in which student is employed
- Provide a written statement describing professional and personal goals and objectives (included in application)
- Provide evidence of two years teaching experience
- Provide proof of a valid NC teaching license
International Student Admission
International students applying to a graduate program must meet all academics requirements as well as any additional requirements as outlined by the individual program. If transferring credit from a college or university outside the U.S., you must submit a course-by-course evaluation from World Education Services (WES, www.wes.org). Queens accepts the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) in place of the SAT. A minimum score of 550 (written test), 213 (electronic test), or 79 (internet based test) on the TOEFL is required for admission. A minimum composite score of 6.5 on the IELTS is required for admission. Also, in lieu of the TOEFL, Queens will accept successful completion (level 12) of the ELS Language Centers English language program.
For more information on the MEd program or an application, contact the Graduate Admissions Office at (704) 337-2313.