- Walker Science 205
- MSC 1373
Richard Rhodes , PhD
- Professor , Biology Department
- Z. Smith Reynolds Professor of Biology
- Chair, Biology Department
- College of Arts and Sciences
Dr. Kent Rhodes is the Z. Smith Reynolds Professor of Biology and the Chairman of the Department of Biology. He serves as Faculty President, and was formerly Director of the Core Program and Chairman of the Division of Natural Sciences and Mathematics. At Queens, he twice has been honored with the William S. Lee Distinguished Teaching Award.
A frequent study-tour leader for the John Belk International Program, Dr. Rhodes has led trips to Australia, Micronesia and Europe. The pre-med advisor, he teaches Introductory Biology, Developmental Biology and in the Core program. His research interests include the study of genetically distinct collagens and the role of the extracellular matrix in development. In his free time, Dr. Rhodes enjoys hiking and listening to classical music.
- PhD - Developmental Biology; Emory University
- B.S. - Biology; Davidson College
- Z. Smith Reynolds Professorship in Biology
- William S. Lee Distinguished Teaching Award 2008
- William S. Lee Distinguished Teaching Award 1999