- McEwen 110
- MSC 1369
- Instructor , English Department
- Faculty Arts Liaison, The Arts at Queens
- College of Arts and Sciences
Julie Funderburk is an instructor in the English Department. A poet, she teaches courses for the Undergraduate Creative Writing Program and the Freshman Writing Program. She also serves as the faculty arts liaison for The Arts at Queens, developing collaborations and projects to promote the arts.
Her poetry has been published in literary magazines such as Ploughshares, Smartish Pace, The Cincinnati Review, Alaska Quarterly Review and 32 Poems. Selected for inclusion in the anthology Best New Poets, she is poetry editor of the on-line journal storySouth. She has received a Howard Nemerov Scholarship from the Sewanee Writers’ Conference, and has appeared on the Website Verse Daily. In addition to writing, her interests include cooking, traveling and modern art.
- M.F.A. - Creative Writing; The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- B.A. - English, with Honors in Creative Writing; The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Phi Beta Kappa member
- Selected for inclusion in Best New Poets Anthology
- Howard Nemerov Scholarship 2006 Sewanee Writers' Conference