MFA in Creative Writing
We will continue to accept applications for Fall until July 1. Applications for Spring 2017 are due October 1.
The paradoxical truth about writing is that it demands both solitude-time alone to think and write-and a community of colleagues to sustain that work too. The low-residency MFA in creative writing program is expressly designed to meet both of those demands. At Queens you will find:
- A program consistently ranked in the top ten nationally
- A course of study in 4 genres: fiction, nonfiction, poetry and writing for stage and screen
- A student-faculty ratio that never exceeds 4:1
- Faculty who are both critically-acclaimed and experienced instructors
- Poetry Instructor Claudia Rankine