MFA in Creative Writing
We will continue to accept applications for Spring 2016 until November 1, 2015.
The paradoxical truth about writing is that it demands both solitude-time alone to think and write-and a community of colleagues to sustain that work too. The low-residency MFA in creative writing program is expressly designed to meet both of those demands. At Queens you will find:
- A program consistently ranked in the top ten nationally
- A course of study in 4 genres: fiction, nonfiction, poetry and writing for stage and screen
- A student-faculty ratio that never exceeds 4:1
- Faculty who are both critically-acclaimed and experienced instructors
"The excellence of the entire writing faculty is matched by the striving for excellence of the student body. It’s an elating experience teaching for a program that values each individual writer. There are various approaches to mentoring; I find Queens’ version supportive and inspiring."
- Poetry Instructor Claudia Rankine
Find out more about our nationally-ranked program
The Queens Difference
Queens offers high-caliber faculty, a workshop model even in distance learning, and support beyond graduation.
Do the math and learn how to apply.