- Walker Science 112
- Office Hours
- M, T, W, T, 2:00 PM-3:00 PM
- MSC 1347
Michael Tarabek , PhD
- Professor , Mathematics Department
- Chair, Mathematics Department
- College of Arts and Sciences
Dr. Tarabek has been with Queens since 1995, and teaches across the discipline. Although specializing in the field of mathematical physics, he has worked one-on-one with students on a variety of research topics, including geometry, number theory, mathematical history and mathematics education. He teaches Core 112 for incoming freshmen, and has led John Belk International Program tours to Italy, England, Scotland, France, Belgium, Germany, Hungary, Austria and the Czech Republic.
Dr. Tarabek is a recipient of the William S. Lee Distinguished Professor Award, and has served in a number of administrative leadership roles at the university, including three terms as faculty president. He is a member of the Mathematical Association of America.
Friendly, but forgetful, easygoing and eccentric, Dr. Tarabek is perhaps best known to students as the professor who brings his dog to school.
- B.A. - Mathematics; Saint Vincent College
- M.S. - Mathematics; Carnegie Mellon University
- PhD - Mathematics; Carnegie Mellon University
- William S. Lee Distinguished Professor 2003 Queens University of Charlotte