Michael Tarabek , PhD
- Professor , Mathematics and Physics Department
- College of Arts and Sciences
Dr. Tarabek has been with Queens since 1995, and teaches across the mathematics curriculum. Although specializing in the field of mathematical physics, he has worked one-on-one with students on a variety of research topics, including geometry, number theory, mathematical history and mathematics education. He has led students on John Belk International Program tours to Italy, England, Scotland, France, Belgium, Germany, Hungary, Austria and the Czech Republic.
Dr. Tarabek is a recipient of the William S. Lee Distinguished Professor Award, and has served in a number of administrative leadership roles at the university, including three terms as faculty president. He is a member of the Mathematical Association of America.
- B.A. - Mathematics; Saint Vincent College
- M.S. - Mathematics; Carnegie Mellon University
- PhD - Mathematics; Carnegie Mellon University
- William S. Lee Distinguished Professor 2003 Queens University of Charlotte