- Watkins 212
- MSC 1231
Margaret Commins , PhD
- Assistant Professor , Political Science and International Studies Department
- College of Arts and Sciences
Dr. Commins teaches courses in Latin American politics; U.S.-Latin American relations; international political economy; the comparative politics of developing countries and the U.S. government. She also enjoys teaching in the CORE Program, including CORE 222, Global Citizenship, and CORE 122, American Citizenship.
Her research interests include the political economy of international trade and finance, U.S.policy toward Latin America, immigration and international development. She has presented and published papers on the political economy of U.S. support for the North American Free Trade Agreement.
- M.A., Political Science - Latin American Studies; University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- PhD - Political Science; University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Member of Phi Beta Kappa, Pi Sigma Alpha, and Phi Alpha Theta