Nilofar Halsted , PhD
- Associate Professor , Psychology Department
- College of Arts and Sciences
Lily Halsted is a faculty member in the Department of Psychology. Her main areas of specialty are developmental psychology, cognitive psychology, psycholinguistics and physiological psychology.
She earned her PhD from the University of Oregon in developmental psychology. Her master's degree is in cognitive psychology and psycholinguistics, her bachelor's degrees in psychology and cellular/molecular biology.
Halsted's research Interests include the study of bilinguality, cognition and school achievement. She is currently conducting a survey in this area, focusing on Queens students.
Dr. Halsted regularly offers courses in Developmental, Cognitive and General Psychology, Infant and Child Development, Psychology of Learning, Physiological Psychology, Psycholinguistics and Core Program.
- PhD - Developmental Psychology; University of Oregon
- M.A. - Psycholinguistics; University of Oregon
- B.S. - Cellular and Molecular Biology; University of Oregon
- B.S. - Psychology; University of Oregon