Margaret Commins , PhD
- Assistant Professor , Political Science and Sociology Department
- Director, International Studies
- College of Arts and Sciences
Dr. Commins teaches courses in Latin American politics; U.S.-Latin American relations; international political economy; the comparative politics of developing countries and immigration politics. She also enjoys teaching in the General Education program.
Her research interests include the political economy of international trade and finance, U.S.policy toward Latin America, immigration, and the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.. She has presented and published papers on the political economy of U.S. support for free trade in Latin America and the pedagogy of teaching about immigration.
- M.A., Political Science - Latin American Studies; University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- PhD - Political Science; University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Member of Phi Beta Kappa, Pi Sigma Alpha, and Phi Alpha Theta