- McEwen 110
- MSC 1369
- Assistant Professor , English Department
- Director of The Arts at Queens
- College of Arts and Sciences
Julie Funderburk teaches creative writing and first-year writing courses at Queens. She also serves as director of The Arts at Queens.
Her full-length collection of poetry "The Door that Always Opens" will be published by LSU Press in the fall of 2016. Her work appears in literary journals such as 32 Poems, Best New Poets, Blackbird, The Cincinnati Review, and Ploughshares, and her chapbook "Thoughts to Fold into Birds" is available from Unicorn Press. For her poetry, she has been awarded a North Carolina Arts Council Artist Fellowship and scholarships from the Bread Loaf and Sewanee writers’ conferences. She serves as a Board of Trustees member for the North Carolina Writers’ Network and as poetry editor of storySouth.
- M.F.A. - Creative Writing; The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- B.A. - English, with Honors in Creative Writing; The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Howard Nemerov Scholarship 2006 Sewanee Writers� Conference
- Phi Beta Kappa member
- Artist Fellowship 2015 North Carolina Arts Council
- Selected for inclusion in Best New Poets Anthology
- John Ciardi Scholarship in Poetry 2012 Bread Loaf Writers� Conference