Helen Hull , PhD
- Assistant Professor , English Department
- College of Arts and Sciences
Dr. Helen Hull enjoys teaching literature and composition courses in the English department at Queens. She is also excited about teaching in the CORE program.
Her research interests include the intersections of politics, religion, and literature in early modern England, in particular the representation of officeholders such as the lord mayor and lord chancellor in drama and prose writing. She is also interested in contemporary environmental issues.
Dr. Hull has been inducted into Sigma Tau Delta, the honors society for English majors, and into Phi Kappa Phi.
She has a strong commitment to community service; she has volunteered for CMS schools, and she has worked as an adult literacy tutor for CPCC's ABLE program. She is active in her church and she also enjoys rock-climbing.
- BA - English; Davidson College
- MA - English; University of Georgia
- PhD - English Renaissance literature; University of Maryland