Jessica Braswell , PhD
- Associate Professor , Chemistry and Environmental Science Department
- College of Arts and Sciences
Dr. Braswell teaches courses in Environmental Science that range from an introduction to the topic to data analysis and research methods. She also teaches in the Core Program, which she enjoys a great deal. As a faculty member on two John Belk International Program study tours, Dr. Braswell has traveled to Australia and Greece.
Her research interests include most areas of conservation biology, particularly the effects of invasive species on native communities. She is also very interested in pollination ecology, and has a growing desire to conduct research on bats in the area. Dr. Braswell sees research as a vital part of students' education, and is committed to helping students pursue the research that interests them most.
Dr. Braswell serves as a board member on the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Food Policy Council. She also volunteers for the Invasive Species Task Force.
- B.S. - Double Major in Environmental Science and Biology; Mary Washington College
- PhD - Ecology; University of California, Davis, and San Diego State University
- MBA; Queens University of Charlotte