- McEwen 213
Alison Bory , MFA/PhD
- , English Department
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Dance
- College of Arts and Sciences
Alison Bory is a visiting assistant professor of dance, with a joint-appointment at Davidson College.
A dancemaker and scholar, her choreographic and academic research explores autobiographical performance forms, investigating the capacity of dance languages to trouble notions of identity and self-representation. Her performance work has been shown at various festivals across the United States, including Dance New Amsterdam, Judson Memorial Church, Spoke-the-Hub, The Field (New York), Mt. Holyoke College, Bates College, the school at the American Dance Festival, Highways Performance Space, Eagle Rock Center for the Arts, UCLA, UC Riverside and the Big Range Dance Festival. Her academic research has been presented at the conferences of the Society of Dance History Scholars and the Congress on Research in Dance.
Prior to joining the Queens faculty, she was a visiting assistant professor of dance at Texas A&M International University.
- BA - Dance and Psychology; Mount Holyoke College
- MA - Dance Studies; University of Surrey
- MFA - Dance; University of California, Riverside
- PhD - Dance History and Theory; University of California, Riverside