- Stultz 213
- Office Hours
- M, W, 8:00 AM-12:00 PM
- T, T, 8:00 AM-9:00 AM
- M, 12:30 PM-3:30 PM
Liliana Wendorff , Ph.D.
- Associate Professor , Foreign Languages Department
- Chair, Foreign Languages Department
- College of Arts and Sciences
Liliana Wendorff was born and raised in Piura, a small town in northern Peru. She earned her M.A. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where she specialized in contemporary Spanish-American narrative, and minored in Latin American studies. Her dissertation, “La aventura de escribir: parodia y metaficción en La tía Julia y el escribidor de Mario Vargas Llosa,” was later published as a book.
Liliana pursues her academic interests through research, presentations, and publications. Her research has been published in various journals—Pembroke Magazine, Consensus, Nueva Literatura Hispánica, The Film Journal, and Romance Notes, among others.
Liliana strives to get her students involved with the Hispanic community through service learning. She has developed and managed programs in Peru and Spain, and was visiting professor of Spanish at Tomsk State Pedagogical University (Russia). Liliana is currently researching the works of Peruvian writers, José de Piérola and Daniel Alarcón.
Before coming to Queens, Liliana chaired the Department of Foreign Languages at the University of North Carolina at Pembroke.
- M.A., Ph.D. - Spanish-American Literature; The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- B.S. - Psychology; The University of North Carolina at Pembroke
- Inez Easley Educator Award 2010 Fayetteville Cumbereland Co. Human Relations Commission