Julie Schmidt , Ph.D
- Assistant Professor , Political Science and Sociology Department
- College of Arts and Sciences
Dr. Julie McLaughlin Schmidt teaches several sociology courses, including Medical Sociology, Sociology of Mental Health, Sociology of Aging, Gender and Society, Research Methods, Social Problems, and Introduction to Sociology.
Her research focuses on the social aspects of health, aging, and the life course and she has articles published in the Journal of Health and Social Behavior, Journals of Gerontology, and Social Science Research. Current research focuses on the extent to which the timing of life transitions affects mental health.
- B.A. - Sociology; Villanova University
- M.A. - Sociology; Rutgers University
- Ph.D. - Sociology; Rutgers University