Marco Scipioni , Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor , Mathematics and Physics Department
- College of Arts and Sciences
Dr. Scipioni teaches introductory and higher level physics at Queens University, specializing in optical engineering, and has cofounded a local startup here in Charlotte that develops textiles with novel optical properties. He is originally from Verona, Italy.
As a scholar, Dr. Scipioni’s academic focus is to help establish a new interdisciplinary research program in optical physics, which complements and is intertwined with other research activities at Queens. As an instructor, he is dedicated to designing and teaching physics courses that provide students with solid and versatile scientific knowledge, enabling them to fully appreciate the significance and important role of physics in modern technology and everyday life.
Dr. Scipioni is always available to meet with any student interested in pursuing the new BA degree in physics or a minor in physics at Queens. An understanding of physics provides a solid scientific and mathematical background, which is useful and rewarding for many academic and professional careers.
And for anyone interested in the incredible world of quantum physics, Dr. Scipioni will teach a course in quantum mechanics in Spring 2017.
- Bachelor of Science - Physics; University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- MS - Physics; University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Ph.D. - Optical Science and Engineering; University of North Carolina at Charlotte