- McEwen 103
- MSC 1423
Eric Lien , Ph.D.
- Professor , World Languages Department
- Director, John Belk International Program
- College of Arts and Sciences
Dr. Eric Lien has taught all levels of French at Queens University, from elementary and intermediate language classes to a variety of literature classes as well as composition, advanced grammar, translating and contemporary issues in French. He has also taught several CORE courses, and has led many John Belk International Program trips throughout Europe.
He won the Queens Teaching award in 1996-97.
His research interests include 19th-century French poetry and the modern novel (18th-20th centuries).
In 2005, Dr. Lien was named Director of the John Belk International Program. Since that time, his focus has been on expanding the number and scope of international programs available to students, overseeing the various programs that fall under the JBIP umbrella and preparing resources for both students and faculty. He is currently a member of the National Association For Study Abroad and Institute for International Education.
Dr. Lien's passion for international travel and cultural exploration has allowed him to travel to many parts of both Europe and the rest of the world (China, Peru, Ecuador, South Africa, Botswana, Australia, Tanzania, etc.). He is also part-time potter and painter.
- Ph.D. - French Language and Literature; UNC-Chapel Hill
- M.A. - French; UNC-Chapel Hill
- B.A. - French/Business Administration; Wartburg College
- Queens Teaching Award 1997 Queens University of Charlotte