- McEwen 210
- MSC 1276
Richard Goode , Ph.D
- Professor , English Department
- MacMahon Professor of English
- Chair, Humanities Division; Director, Honors Program
- College of Arts and Sciences
Dr. Richard Goode, Humanities Division Chair, earned his B.A. in English from Washington & Lee University and his M.A. and PhD in English from the University of Texas. He joined the Queens faculty in 1978 as a professor of medieval and Renaissance literature.
He has received the Queens Teaching Award, the Grier Professor of the Year Award, the Sears Teacher of the Year Award, and in 1994 was selected as North Carolina Professor of the year by the Carnegie Institute for the Advancement of Learning.
He also teaches film and television, Survey of British Literature to 1660, the Seventeenth Century, Shakespeare, Chaucer, and Introduction to Mass Communications.
- B.A. - English; Washington and Lee University
- M.A. - Renaissance English Literature; University of Texas at Austin
- Ph.D. - Renaissance Literature; University of Texas at Austin
- Joseph W. Grier Distinguished Professor Award 1989 Queens College
- Queens College Teaher of the Year Award 1981 Queens College
- North Carolina Professor of the Year 1994 The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
- Joseph W. Grier Distinguished Professor Award 2006 Queens University