- Fine Arts 2213
- MSC 1439
Paul Nitsch , Dr.
- Professor , Music Department
- Carolyn G. McMahon Professor of Music
- Macavity Artist in Residence
- College of Arts and Sciences
Dr. Paul Nitsch teaches piano, and is a concertizing performer. He earned awards for outstanding student in his field, and as director of chamber music organizations in Virginia and Michigan. He has performed most recently in the eastern United States and in Portugal, Austria and Italy. He was awarded two Fulbright Foreign Study grants for study in Vienna, Austria, at the Vienna Academy of Music and Performing Arts (Hochschulr für Musik and Darstellende Kunst), and has studied with highly recognized teachers and musicians, including Leon Fleisher, Walter Hautzig, Anne Epperson and George Crumb. He is a graduate of the Peabody Conservatory of Music of the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Md, and the Cleveland Institute of Music at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. Dr. Nitsch also serves Queens as Artistic Director for the Friends of Music, in charge of managing the annual concert series and other special events. His hobby (as well as profession) is playing chamber music, and he enjoys cooking.
- B.M., M.M, DMA; Peabody Conservatory of Music, Cleveland Institute of Music
- Fulbright Foreign Study Grants 1975 US Government
- Outstanding Alumni Award 1995 Cleveland Institute of Music