No matter where you roam, take Queens with you!
All you need is a computer and Internet access to register for and take online and hybrid courses offered to new and current Queens students. Students who wish to take one or more classes to transfer back to their college or university are encouraged to apply and register. Please check with your university about transfer credit.
Queens offers an array of online and hybrid courses, including those for graduate and undergraduate students. To find out which distance education courses are available, visit the Registrar's site to view the most current schedule of classes for undergraduate, graduate, and ASN students. Courses that will be offered fully or partially online will be clearly denoted.
Facts About Queens Online and Hybrid Courses:
- Our online courses are not self-paced.
- Online and hybrid courses have the same course materials and objectives and are not considered an easier course.
- Tuition and fees for online and hybrid courses are the same as on-campus courses.
- All online and hybrid courses qualify for the same number of credit hours as traditional courses.
Being an online student requires self-motivation and time management skills. This is because online classes at Queens are not bound by a typical meeting time and place like traditional, on campus classes. Although the online courses at Queens are not self-paced, you will be able to learn at the times that are convenient for you, wherever you are, as long as you have access to the Internet. Therefore, it is up to you to decide which times are best for you to study and work on assignments and to get assignments completed and submitted on time.
A hybrid course is a blend of face-to-face instruction with online learning. In a hybrid course, a significant amount of learning will take place outside of the classroom, online. As a result, the number of onsite classroom meetings is reduced. Refer to the course schedule or the course syllabus or contact the instructor for onsite meeting dates/times. Meeting dates/times may vary depending on the course.
Students can be assured of a quality learning experience.
Queens is a well-established and highly respected university with a 150 year history of excellence. We are fully accredited by SACS, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Visit the Accreditation page for more information on our accreditation.
Queens values the factors which foster student success.
These values include an intimate learning environment, excellence in teaching, intellectual curiosity, and an education grounded in the liberal arts tradition. Queens is committed to providing our students with an education that develops critical thinking, creativity, communication, commitment to ethical behavior, responsible citizenship and that serves as a foundation for successful and fulfilling lives. As in our traditional courses, we will ensure that students get the same quality experiences from our distance education courses in the following ways:
- Online courses will have the same intimate feel as traditional courses.
- Course content will be aligned with the standards of the University and the accrediting body.
- Course content will be engaging and driven by learning objectives, incorporating meaningful discussion, video, animation, audio, and/or images to facilitate learning.
- Course content will be organized in a reliable and recognizable pattern of learning such as a sequence of units, lessons, and activities.
- Courses will provide opportunities for students to engage in critical-reasoning activities.
- Courses will provide plenty of opportunity for student-instructor interaction and interaction among students in the form of forum discussions, live chats, and/or group activities.
- Content will be accurate, current, and free of bias.
- Courses will include adequate and appropriate methods of assessing students' mastery of content.