Knight School Forum
The Knight School Forum is a kick-off meeting for each semester. This semester's forum focused on the Spring 2012 initiatives and how students could get involved with the Knight grant initiatives as Digital Citizen Trainers.
One of our goals at the Knight School is to increase digital and media literacy in Charlotte. So, what does this mean? Based on Renee Hobbs' definition, it refers to the ability to do the following:
- Access, comprehend, and share information online
- Analyze media messages using the ABCD checklist
- Create diverse digital content using a variety of tools
- Reflect on your own ethical online conduct
- Take action and participate as a digital citizen in your community
We believe this is important because digital and media tools and skills are critical components of modern citizenship in contemporary culture. Today, modern citizenship is digital citizenship. Understanding and using digital technology is an important part of staying current and staying connected. And that is exactly what we are trying to do here, and how we are trying to help.
Find out how to become a digital citizen trainer