Digital Video Production
Students in the Knight School of Communication are on the cutting edge of technological exploration, and provided with a broad range of experiential learning opportunities in traditional and emerging media forms.
In addition to the Knight-Crane Convergence Lab, our students benefit from several cross-platform production facilities:
- Digital Field Production Lab - Dana 110 features a full range of field production packages for video, audio and still image recording; field equipment is available for checkout to students currently enrolled in Knight School production courses.
- The Green Room - Located on the Dana Garden level, the Green Room features a green-screen background for shooting composited multimedia projects. The room also functions as a Mac-based post-production suite for video and audio editing.
- The Media and Technology Center - Also located on the Dana Garden Level, this lab includes several Mac and PC computers. This lab is open into the early evenings for student work. The Media and Technology Center also carries additional field production packages available to students for course-related media projects.
- Editing and Production Lab - Located on the second floor of the Everett Library, this lab is a full-featured Mac-based audio and video editing suite.
- Game Lab - Located in the front lobby of the Dana building, the Game Lab features Xbox One and PS4 consoles, as part of the Knight School's offerings in video game studies and serious game design. These stations are available for game play and analysis.