- Knight School of Communication
Shawn Flynn is an adjunct professor teaching multimedia writing and reporting for the Knight School of Communication.
He is the Managing Editor/Sr. Reporter for News 14 Carolina-Charlotte. He reports on a variety of topics including interviewing Presidential candidates to working the sidelines during the Carolina Panthers run at Super Bowl XXXVIII. He works on staff development and overall content on the channel.
He volunteers with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, LifeShare of the Carolinas and Habitat for Humanity. He founded A Second Breath Foundation to help house transplant patients at Duke University Medical Center.
He is also on the Program Advisory Committee and instructs at the Carolina School of Broadcasting.
Shawn previously worked at KCOY in San Luis Obispo, California, KTVL in Medford, Oregon and KEYT in Santa Barbara, California.
He received a degree in Communications and Political Science at the University of California Santa Barbara.
Shawn is married to Stephanie with two young boys. An interesting note: Shawn's wife's great, great, great, great grandmother founded Queens University.
- B.A. - Communications; University of California Santa Barbara
- B.A. - Political Science; University of California Santa Barbara
- Special Report Finalist 2013 RTDNAC
- Employee of the Year 2011 News 14 Carolina
- Political Special Finalist 2013 RTDNAC
- Chrysalis award 2010 LifeShare of the Carolinas