There's an app for that
You already know how to "friend" a stranger, broadcast yourself or tweet what's happening. Welcome to our digital egosystem.
Dr. John A. McArthur is teaching a new exploration seminar that will examine what it means to be a consumer and creator of digital information. The goal is to examine the knowledge base that renders one digitally literate, and discover the gaps that lead to illiteracy. Then, participants in this seminar will share what we learn with the community. Throughout the spring semester, students will explore the digital landscape, experiment with digital tools, and engage the community by sharing their learning.
By the end of this one-hour seminar, students will be able to:
- Define and apply the concepts of current digital literacies.
- Understand and use social media tools to curate information.
- Model digital citizenship.
- Evaluate the ethical implications of digital communication on members of society.
- Select, organize, and present various documents in several media forms.