Financial Planning*Available Evenings
Join a group of over 62,000 CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professionals across the country who have received this highly esteemed designation. The CFP® certification has become the gold standard for financial planners, who help individuals meet their life goals by effectively managing their financial resources. Completing the Financial Planner Program at Queens University of Charlotte is the first step to achieving the CFP® certification.
Established in 1993, The McColl School of business has earned a prestigious reputation through its offering of relevant graduate degrees, rigorous curriculum, and experienced faculty. Recently, the McColl School has expanded to include Certificate Courses. The Financial Planner Program is a certificate course that embodies the McColl School touch; including qualified and engaged faculty, challenging program of study, and staff dedicated to supporting you while achieving your goal of becoming a Certified Financial PlannerTM.
ADVANCE YOUR CAREER
A variety of professionals in the financial services industry can gain useful skills to enhance career opportunities by obtaining a CFP® certification. These include but are not limited to bankers, wealth management advisors, accountants, tax managers, insurance producers and lawyers. Learn more about your career as a Certified Financial PlannerTM.
BENEFITS OF THE CFP® CERTIFICATION
- Instant credibility among clients
- Enhanced career and professional development opportunities
- Satisfied customers who appreciate your comprehensive approach and expertise
- Personal satisfaction from earning the profession's highest achievement
- Increased earning potential
CFP BOARD AS A RESOURCE
The CFP Board is the governing body that oversees the CFP® designation. Our educational program is one of several steps to achieving the designation. Visit www.cfp.net to learn more about the steps becoming a Certified Financial PlannerTM, and view a presentation about the CFP® certification.
- Well established, reputable program since 1996
- Small class size providing one-on-one student attention
- Highly qualified instructors with years of combined industry experience
- Optional payment plan
- Convenient meetings once per week
- Central location in the beautiful Myers Park neighborhood
- Option to restart or audit modules within a year of withdrawal at no additional cost
See below for the Financial Planner Program's seven modules. There are assessments throughout the course. Students must maintain certain academic standards in order to successfully pass each module.
To receive the Financial Planner Program certificate from Queens, students must pass each of the following course modules with a minimum grade of 75 and maintain a cumulative average of 80:
|Fundamentals of Financial Planning
A pre-requisite for other courses in the program; offers a comprehensive overview of the fundamentals of financial planning.
Prepares students with skills to effectively evaluate various investment vehicles in accordance with the investment objectives.
Provides a complete overview of risk management and insurance planning.
Teaches methods of gathering information and selecting appropriate options to achieve a client’s retirement goals.
|Income Tax Planning
Supplies participants with the information and techniques critical for effective tax planning.
Presents a complete overview of the various methods, tools and techniques necessary to develop effective estate plans.
| Financial Plan Development Capstone
Provides extensive case study and financial plan writing experience, applying the principles and skills studied in the Financial Planner Program.
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE PROGRAM BEGINNING MARCH 12, 2013
- The upcoming program will meet on Tuesday evenings from 6-9pm
- The program is 23 months long
- You will be eligible to sit for the March 2015 national exam
- $100 application fee (NON-REFUNDABLE), $4,950 tuition (able to pay in three installments), books are additional
Please contact Andrea Kiessling for additional program information at 704.688.2705 or firstname.lastname@example.org.