The online MBA is a 36 credit-hour program consisting of 12 three credit-hour classes. The program combines team-based learning, self-assessment and personalized mentorship, resulting in a singular and transformational learning experience.
All students complete nine common courses together in a team approach and three courses that are specific to one of two concentrations.
- Healthcare: View the functions of business as they operate in hospitals, clinics, insurance companies, and other healthcare-related organizations.
- Leadership: Get an executive-level view of business and what it takes to become a strategic thinker.
BUSN 681 Organizational Behavior
BUSN 682 Managerial Accounting
BUSN 683 Leadership Development
BUSN 684 Managing in a Global Context
BUSN 685 Managerial Finance
BUSN 686 Business Analytics
BUSN 687 Marketing Management
BUSN 688 Management Information Systems
BUSN 689 Operations Management
Healthcare Concentration Courses
BUSN 693 Economics of Healthcare
BUSN 694 Legal and Ethical Issues in Healthcare
BUSN 695 Healthcare Policy and Strategy
Leadership Concentration Courses
BUSN 690 Economics for Managers
BUSN 691 Corporate Governance and Ethics
BUSN 692 Strategic Planning & Implementation
In addition to the comprehensive online coursework, students will participate in two residencies on the Queens campus in Charlotte, North Carolina. Activities include:
- A keynote address by retired Bank of America chairman, CEO and president Hugh L. McColl, Jr.
- An opportunity to hear from our Executives in Residence, professionals with established reputations as effective leaders eager to share their substantial experience with students
- Customized 360-degree reports for each student
- Leadership assessments
- Ongoing team-building and study group development activities
- A presentation from a leading business executive; past speakers have included Cathy Bessant (Bank of America), John Silvia (Wells Fargo) and Fred Whitfield (Charlotte Bobcats)