Is the MSOD program right for you?
Is the Master of Science in Organization Development program right for you?
The following questions may help you determine if the MSOD program is the right fit for you. If you answer most of the questions affirmatively, we encourage you to take the next steps in your personal and professional development, and apply to the McColl School MSOD program.
- Do you have at least five years of full-time, professional work experience?
- Are you in a role related to leadership development, managing change and resistance, culture transformation, employee engagement and motivation, teambuilding, conflict management, innovation and corporate creativity, strategic planning, organizational design, executive coaching, or consulting?
- Are you interested in learning how to apply organization development theories and practices to facilitate change and improve performance and organization effectiveness?
- Do you desire to lead and support change at the individual, team, and organization level?
- Do you seek ongoing personal and professional development?
- Are you committed to gaining self-awareness and an understanding of your impact on others?
- Would you like to be connected with an active network of fellow OD professionals?
- Are you prepared to be challenged by your professors and peers, contribute to your class in a meaningful way, and devote the time necessary to be successful in a program.
- Are you looking for a transformational learning experience that pushes you to be better and inspire change?
What does the average MSOD student look like?
- Average Age: 40
- Average Years of Work Experience: 17
- Already hold a Master's degree: 10%
- Employed full-time: 90%
- Female: 70%
- Male: 30%
What do MSOD alumni do?
You'll find our students and alumni at companies such as:
- Bank of America
- Carolinas Healthcare System
- Charlotte Mecklenburg School System
- City of Charlotte
- Duke Energy
- Ernst & Young
- Ingersoll Rand
- Novant Health
- The Lee Institute
- Veterans Affairs
- Wells Fargo
- YMCA of Greater Charlotte
They hold titles such as:
- Founder & Owner
- Executive Coach
- Executive Director
- Vice President
The MSOD is a 36 credit hour program. Each class typically meets once per week (Monday-Thursday) from 6:00-8:45pm.
It is possible to start the MSOD program in August, January, or May.
The flexibility of the MSOD program allows candidates to complete the degree in as little as 2 years or stretch course work out over a longer period of time to accommodate personal schedules. Most students finish in 2 to 3 years.
Average Class Size