- Sykes 128
- Office Hours
- M, W, F, 9:00 AM-11:00 AM
- MSC 1346
- Associate Professor , Executive Leadership Faculty
- Director, MS in Organization Development Program, Director of Leadership Initiatives
- McColl School of Business
Will Sparks is an Associate Professor of Behavioral Science at the McColl School of Business at Queens University of Charlotte. Concurrently, he serves as the director for the graduate program in Organization Development (MSOD), and for Leadership Initiatives at the McColl School. He is a principal with Sparks & Associates, LLC, a professional services firm focused on leadership and team development, corporate creativity and innovation and change management. He is also a managing partner with Peter C. Browning & Associates, LLC, a consulting firm providing services to corporate boards of directors. He has consulted with a variety of organizations in the public and private sectors, including the U.S. Navy; Transamerica; GlaxoSmithKline; Anheuser-Busch; Bank of America; Duke Energy; Wachovia/Wells Fargo and the Department of Energy.
Will has published numerous research papers and book chapters, and has contributed articles to The Charlotte Observer and Charlotte Business Journal. He is a coauthor of the book, "The Combustion Research Facility: A Model for the 21st Century Open-User Facility," a research-and development management case-history published by the Department of Energy. He is the author of the forthcoming book "Actualized Leadership," to be published in 2011. He received the Fuqua Distinguished Educator Award for excellence in teaching at Queens in 2003 and 2005. In 2009, he was awarded the inaugural McColl School Leadership in Teaching Award.
He holds a bachelor of arts degree in psychology and philosophy from Winthrop University, and a master of arts degree in industrial/organizational psychology and human resource management from Appalachian State University. He completed his PhD in organizational behavior and development under the direction of Dr. Jerry B. Harvey from the School of Business and Public Management at The George Washington University, where his research focused on group dynamics, organizational culture and leadership.
- PhD - Organizational Behavior and Development; The George Washington University
- M.A. - Industrial/Organizational Psychology and Human Resource Management; Appalachian State University
- B.A. - Psychology; Philosophy and Religion; Winthrop University
- Fuqua Teaching Award 2003
- Fuqua Teaching Award 2005
- McColl School of Business Leadership in Teaching Award 2009