- Sykes 203
- Office Hours
- T, T, 2:45 PM-3:45 PM
- T, T, 11:00 AM-12:00 PM
- MSC 1317
Catherine Eason , CPA, CVA
- McColl School of Business
Catherine Eason teaches accounting in the McColl School of Business. Her focus is on financial accounting, managerial accounting, personal financial management, financial statement analysis, and an introductory course in the graduate PMBA program. While she loves teaching, she also has a small tax practice doing individual taxes. She was one of the faculty leaders for the May 2010 John Belk International Program trip to Italy.
Catherine has won several awards for her teaching including the McColl School of Business Leadership Award and the Joseph W. Grier Distinguished Professor Award for 2010.
Her primary interests are teaching and mission work, both in the community and internationally where she has led mission groups to Jamaica, Mexico, and Malawi, Africa. She also stays very involved with several Charlotte charitable organizations through her music by raising funds from benefit concerts. She has produced and recorded two CDs in jazz/swing/big band music with all of the profits benefitting the charities she works with.
She is married to Steven P. Eason, Sr. who is the senior minister at Myers Park Presbyterian Church and also loves the students and Queens community.
- Master of Science - Accounting/Tax; University of Charleston
- B.S.B.A. - Accounting; Appalachian State University
- Lucille P. Giles Award 2006 Florence Crittenton
- Joseph W. Grier Distinguished Professor 2010 Queens University
- Leadership in Teaching Award 2012 McColl School of Business
- Who's Who in American Educators 2002
- Leadership in Teaching Award 2010 McColl School of Business
- The House that Cathy Built 1996 Habitat for Humanity