- Dana 309
- Office Hours
- M, W, 3:00 PM-5:30 PM
- MSC 1437
Charles Bamford , PhD
- Dennis Thompson Chair of Entrepreneurial Leadership
- McColl School of Business
Chuck has taught courses in Strategy and Entrepreneurship at the undergraduate, graduate and executive levels. His teaching experience includes courses at universities in Scotland, Hungary and the Czech Republic. Prior to joining Queens University of Charlotte, he held positions as an Associate Professor at Texas Christian University and at the University of Richmond. In addition to Queens, he has taught Executive MBA courses at the University of Notre Dame, Texas Christian University and Tulane University.
His research has been published in the "Strategic Management Journal," "Journal of Business Venturing," "Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice," "Journal of Business Research," "Journal of Business Strategies," "Journal of Technology Transfer" and "Journal of Small Business Management," among others. Chuck is the coauthor of three textbooks: “Small Business Management: A Framework for Success” (South-Western), “Strategic Management: Value Creation, Sustainability and Performance” (South-Western) and "Entrepreneurship: A Small Business Approach" (McGraw-Hill). His writings include regular contributions to "The Charlotte Observer," "Charlotte Business Journal," and the "Mecklenburg Times."
During a 12-year span prior to pursuing his PhD, he held positions managing Business Analysis (Mergers and Acquisitions, Dispositions and Small Business Consulting) for Dominion Bankshares Corporation (now Wells Fargo). Other positions during his business career included Director of Corporate Training, Systems Analyst, COBOL programmer, and full-time instructor in the early 1980s at Virginia Western Community College.
Chuck is the founder of Bamford Associates, LLC. He has worked with thousands of managers over the past two decades to improve their ability to generate significant new income for their companies via the development of implementable strategic plans and an entrepreneurial orientation to growth.
Chuck has won 15 individual teaching-excellence awards during his career, including seven Executive MBA Professor of the Year Awards. He is also a National Noble Foundation Fellow in Teaching Excellence.
- A.S. - Business Administration; Northern Virginia Community College
- B.S. - Commerce; University of Virginia (McIntire School of Commerce)
- MBA - Finance; Virginia Tech
- PhD - Strategy and Entrepreneurship; University of Tennessee
- National Noble Foundation Fellow for Teaching Excellence Noble Foundation
- Executive MBA Professor of the Year 2009 University of Notre Dame
- Executive MBA Professor of the Year 2008 Texas Christian University
- MBA Core Professor of the Year 2002 Texas Christian University
- Undergraduate Professor of the Year 2005 University of Richmond
- Undergraduate Professor of the Year 2011 Queens University of Charlotte
- Graduate Teaching Award 1997 University of Tennessee
- Undergraduate Professor of the Year 2000 Texas Christian University
- Executive MBA Professor of the Year 2004 Tulane University
- Executive MBA Professor of the Year 2001 Texas Christian University
- Executive MBA Professor of the Year 2004 Texas Christian University
- EMBA Professor of the Year 2011 University of Notre Dame
- Executive MBA Professor of the Year 2002 Texas Christian University
- Executive MBA Professor of the Year 2003 Texas Christian University