The McColl School of Business is proud to offer an annual Case Competition for prospective McColl School undergraduate business, finance and accounting majors. Participants have the opportunity to analyze a business case and present their analysis in one of two sessions during Royal Scholars weekends.
January 16, 2015
February 20, 2015
The scholarships are as follows:
First Place - $5,000 scholarship (renewable up to four years) to the McColl School
Second Place - $4,000 scholarship (renewable up to four years) to the McColl School
Third Place - $3,000 scholarship (renewable up to four years) to the McColl School
Scholarships will be awarded at both Royal Scholar weekends for a total of 6 awards
Top level admitted Queens students are eligible and will be notified of your eligibility to participate. If you have not submitted your application to Queens, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible. Participation in the competition is optional, but strongly encouraged.
Regarding eligibility for other scholarships: Students will be evaluated for admissions scholarships independently of their participation in the Case Competition. It is entirely possible to place in the Case Competition and still earn an additional merit scholarship. Conversely, students who have earned a Queens merit award are welcome to participate in the Case Competition for a chance to earn additional scholarship funds.
- Choose to participate. Simply email us your desire to participate at email@example.com by January 5, 2015 (for the January 16th competition) and by February 9, 2015 (for the February 20th competition).
- Assess the case and send us your digital analysis. The format is completely up to YOU (examples include written analysis, video, audio, etc.)! The judging panel will review your submission prior to presentation.
- Send your complete case analysis to firstname.lastname@example.org by the following deadlines:
- January 12, 2015 for the January 16, 2015 competition
- February 15, 2015 for the February 20, 2015 competition
Late work will not be accepted.
- Earn your scholarship. What you should plan for:
- You will present your analysis to the judging panel of McColl School faculty, the Student Advisory Council and finalists from previous years.
- We will celebrate YOU in a Friday evening reception with regional business executives and the selection panel. This is an important opportunity to start building your network and making connections with students and faculty. Your family members joining you for the weekend are welcome to attend.
- Results will typically be communicated within 2-3 weeks following the competition.
Contact a Queens Admissions counselor at 800-849-0202, extension 2212 or email email@example.com.