Bookmark and Share

Online Student Complaint Resolution

Queens University of Charlotte is committed to providing an educational climate that is conducive to the personal and professional development of each individual. In order to ensure that commitment, the University has developed procedures for students to pursue grievances within the university community, should such action become necessary. A student who has an unresolved disagreement or dissatisfaction with a faculty or staff member, another student, a student group, or an administrator has the right to file a written complaint without prejudicing his or her status with the University.

For a full description of student complaints and procedure at Queens University of Charlotte, please visit our Student Complaint Policy page.  Federal regulations require us to provide prospective and current students with contact information for filing complaints with the appropriate agency in the state where the student resides. In the unlikely event that the issue is not resolved internally at Queens University of Charlotte, students enrolled in online programs may file complaints with other agencies. The process will depend upon where a student resides:

*The State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) is a voluntary agreement that allows states and institutions to offer distance education in other participating states so long as the institution adheres to certain quality and consumer protection standards. More information on SARA can be found at . North Carolina is a member of SARA and Queens University of Charlotte is an approved SARA institution. Most states require that you begin the complaint process at the university before taking further action.

Complaint Process for Current Residents of North Carolina

Queens University of Charlotte is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).  Students may file a complaint with SACSCOC.  For more information about filing a complaint with SACSCOC, please review the Complaint Procedures Against SACSCOC or its Accredited Institutions Policy Statement.

Complaint Process for Out-of-State Students Residing in SARA States

If you live outside of North Carolina in a state currently participating in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA) and you are unable to resolve a complaint with Queens or feel that not all issues were resolved with the final disposition, you may file a complaint with the North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority (NCSEAA).  To see if your home state is a SARA participant, please review the state map on the NC-SARA page. As the designated portal agency under SARA, the NCSEAA is the agency that handles complaints about Queens University of Charlotte and has the ability to act on those complaints from students enrolled in online programs residing in SARA-member states. For more information about the Complaint Process through NCSEAA please visit the SARA North Carolina Student Complaint Process page.  

Complaint Process for Out-of-State Students Residing in Non-SARA States

Students who live in a non-SARA state (currently CA, FL) may file a complaint with an agency in the student's state of residence. To see if your home state is a SARA participant, please review the state map on the NC-SARA page.  Below is a list of agencies where complaints for non-SARA states may be filed. 

Please note: Queens University of Charlotte does not maintain these agency websites and information may change without Queens's knowledge. Students should attempt to resolve the complaint through the established protocol at Queens University of Charlotte before contacting their home state agency.

California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
P.O. Box 980818
W. Sacramento, CA 95798-0818
Telephone: (916) 431-6959
Fax: (916) 263-1895
Complaint form: [PDF]

Florida Department of Education
Office of the Commissioner
Turlington Building, Suite 1514
325 West Gaines Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399
Phone: (850) 245-0505
Fax: (850) 245-9667
Complaint form:


Queens University of Charlotte is approved by North Carolina to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements.  NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Queens Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • YouTube
Latest Tweet