Selected students in all majors can complete their professional internship requirement overseas instead of in Charlotte or the United States.
Through our partner World Endeavors, we offer affordable, professionally immersive internships that allow students to work abroad and even live with local families. World Endeavors specializes in culturally immersive programs, and their goal is to have a direct and positive impact on participants and their host communities by providing the opportunity for life-changing experiences.
World Endeavors provides a full array of services to ensure a signature internship experience for the student including student interviews for placement at internships sites; on-ground cultural and language orientation; housing placement and assistance (including homestays); advice on visas; international cell phones, international accident insurance; and, an advisor in the host country.
World Endeavors places students in the following countries:
- Costa Rica
A sampling of Queens students' recent international internships include:
- Apollo Marketing, Melbourne, Australia
- Baal Foundation/Art in Tanzania, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Chrysler Group Egypt Limited, Cairo, Egypt
- Iglesia Vida y Liberta, Lima-San Juan de Lurigancho, Peru
- The Iona Community, Isle of Iona, Scotland
- Landratsamt Rhein-Neckar-Kreis, Heidelberg, Germany
- Mensucat Corp., Istanbul, Turkey
- Red Gate Gallery London, London, England
- Todorov & Partners Law Firm, Sofia, Bulgaria
- UNICEF, La Libertad, El Salvador
- World Endeavors, Guayaquil, Ecuador
Interns are chosen based on a combination of grades, language preparation, an essay and recommendations. You must arrange your own housing, as well as set up your own internship with the help of the Internships and Career Programs Office.
Students may apply for a scholarship of up to $2,500 is available to help defray the cost of an international internship.