Bookmark and Share

Need Based Grants

Federal Aid

The federal government offers a number of financial aid programs.  The grant programs that Queens University of Charlotte participates in are listed below.

Pell Grant

The Federal Pell Grant goes to students working on their first undergraduate degree. A federally-approved formula takes family financial circumstances and the cost of education into consideration. The maximum Pell Grant for the 2009-2010 academic year was $5350. You can apply by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant Program (FSEOG)

The FSEOG is awarded to undergraduate students who have exceptional financial need and who are citizens or permanent residents of the United States. Priority is given to Federal Pell Grant recipients. The award amount is based on need and available funds. You can apply for the grant by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Federal Work Study (FWS)

Federal Work-Study (FWS) provides part-time jobs for students with financial need, allowing you to earn money to help pay education costs. FWS jobs are typically on campus.  Positions are available to support community services initiatives in tutoring and literacy promotion.  To be considered, fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).   Eligible students will be awarded while funding is available and will receive an application to complete for specific job opportunities.

North Carolina Aid

North Carolina Need Based Scholarship

Provides assistance to North Carolina residents pursuing their first undergraduate degree who are enrolled in at least nine hours. Awards are granted based on the family's estimated family contribution as calculated on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and are subject to availability from the state.

The North Carolina Forgivable Education Loans for Service Program

Provides financial assistance in the form of forgivable loans to qualified students who are committed to working in North Carolina to lessen identified critical employment shortages; initially teachers, nurses and allied health professionals. Students must be residents of the state of North Carolina and meet loan eligibility requirements to qualify.

For additional information please visit the College Foundation of North Carolina at

  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
Latest Tweet