Accelerated BSN Admissions
The Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) is designed for highly motivated students who already hold a bachelor's degree in an area outside of nursing. Students who wish to pursue the ABSN should meet with an admissions advisor to ensure that all application and admissions requirements are met in a timely fashion.
Students selected for the ABSN must have access to a laptop computer with wireless or high speed internet. Also, students must be available for classes or clinical experiences on evenings and weekends and have reliable transportation.
Emphasis in the admission decision is placed on the academic history of the applicant. The intent is to offer admission to those whose credentials indicate a strong likelihood for success in the bachelor degree curriculum. Queens selects the best qualified candidates from those completing the application process and meeting the minimum admission requirements.
Minimum requirements for consideration:
- A Bachelor's degree (non-nursing majors only) from a regionally accredited college or university
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (which includes all previous college coursework)
- A grade of "C-" or better in each prerequisite course
- No more than two prerequisites may be in progress at the time of application submission
- Only one of the two courses in progress may be a science course
- All prerequisites must be completed prior to the first day of nursing classes
Students are admitted to the ABSN option in summer term only. Course work is completed in three consecutive semesters (Summer, Fall, and Spring terms) over one calendar year.
Application deadline: January 15
The following items must be submitted prior to the deadline to be considered for the following summer term.
- Application to the ABSN Option
- $50 Application Fee - Collected at the time of application-personal checks or money orders only.
- Official Transcripts - One from each college attended. Official high school transcripts should be submitted only if requesting credit for chemistry.
- Supplemental Application
For admissions and program-related questions, please send an email to PSONAdmissions@queens.edu
or call 704-337-2314.