(Between 18-22 years of age)
Apply to the University
The first step in the admission process is admittance to Queens University of Charlotte as a pre-nursing major. Applicants to the pre-nursing program at Queens must be admitted through the appropriate admissions office.
WWhile the general education requirements are different for Traditional Undergraduate and Adult Undergraduate students, if the student is admitted to the nursing major, the course of study is identical. All students are encouraged to meet with their academic advisor to be sure they are on track for application to the nursing major.
Apply to the Major (Traditional Track)
Students are admitted twice a year to the nursing major's traditional track. Nursing courses span 4 semesters and do not include summer sessions. Deadlines to apply to the nursing major are as follows:
- Fall deadline-March 15
- Spring deadline- September 21
Admission to the traditional BSN track at Queens is competitive. The most competitive applicants are those whose academic performance far exceeds the minimum requirements. Students are encouraged to meet with an advisor to confirm their pre-nursing academic course plans will meet their BSN application goals.
Only students who meet or exceed the minimum criteria will be presented to the faculty committee for consideration. Meeting the minimum requirements for consideration does not guarantee admission.
Minimum requirements for consideration:
- Admission to Queens as a degree-seeking student (see above)
- Submission of application to the nursing major
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (which includes all previous college coursework)
- A prerequisite GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (excluding chemistry and English course grades)
- No more than two prerequisites may be in progress at the time of application submission
- Only one of the two courses in progress may be a science course
- All prerequisites must be completed prior to the first day of nursing classes
- Students who plan to use credit received by examination (AP, CLEP, etc) must submit official scores from the testing agency. Policies for credit by examination may be found here.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 45 semester hours completed toward the degree prior to application submission
High school transcripts must be submitted with the application to the major to receive credit for Chemistry.
Students who were previously enrolled in any registered nursing program must submit the following:
- Official and updated transcripts from the program
- Documentation including the dates of enrollment, name and location of the program, and academic standing at the time enrollment ended in that program
- An explanation of why the program was not completed
For questions about the application to the nursing major, please call (704) 337-2314 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.