RN to BSN Admissions
Program information about the RN to BSN Option is available on the RN to BSN curriculum page. Students may complete the nursing courses online or on-campus. Students are encouraged to meet with an advisor to confirm their academic course plans meet their RN to BSN application goals.
Emphasis in the admissions decision is placed on the academic history of the applicant. Admission to the RN to BSN Option is a two-step process.
- Students must complete the RN to BSN application and gain acceptance to Queens through Adult Undergraduate Admissions.
- Once admitted, students must submit an application to the RN to BSN Option.
Minimum requirements for consideration:
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Completion of prerequisite courses with a grade of C- or higher
- Students may have up to 4 credit hours of course prerequisites remaining to complete during the first semester in the program.
- Evidence of a current, unrestricted license to practice as an RN
- Students may take up to 9 credit hours prior to earning an unrestricted RN license
The RN to BSN option utilizes a rolling admissions schedule. Once all required documents are received, a decision is typically mailed to students within 7-10 business days. It is recommended that applicants submit all application materials no later than two weeks prior to the anticipated term of entry.